Friday, July 23, 2010

The Romantic Life is Outside


In the most recent issue of Real Simple, I read something along the lines of "going outside for at least 5 minutes a day makes a person calmer and more relaxed.  Being beside a body of water is even better."  I felt pretty good about myself because I was reading  

Here are some of my most frequent ways of enjoying outside:

Having a picnic in the backyard
Running
Walking in the neighborhood
Taking a stroll along our city's riverfront
Going to the mailbox and stopping to talk to neighbors
Picking John's homegrown tomatoes
Seeing what other stuff is growing in John's garden
Sitting with John in our $10 outdoor chairs
Walking to and from to the car and the grocery stores (but that one is smaller because it doesn't sound nearly as cool)

Even though it's awfully hot out there, I have to get out.  It's a must in my book.

photos via here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...