Thursday, July 1, 2010

Strong Enough

I'm not a huge fan of live music or mob-size crowds.  I'm a fan of a date with John, sitting by the river, watching the sunset, and listening to Sheryl Crow.



This past year, I've been listening to some of her old school (ie...from when I was in high school) songs.  My all-time favorite song by Sheryl Crow is
Strong Enough.

God, I feel like hell tonightTears of rage I cannot fight

I’d be the last to help you understand
Are you strong enough to be my man?

Nothing’s true and nothing’s right
So let me be alone tonight
Cause you can’t change the way I am
Are you strong enough to be my man?

I have a face I cannot show
I make the rules up as I go
It’s try and love me if you can
Are you strong enough to be my man?

When I’ve shown you that I just don’t care
When I’m throwing punches in the air
When I’m broken down and I can’t stand
Will you be strong enough to be my man? 

Here's a tribute to all those crazy ladies out there who found a man that is strong enough to be with them.



2 comments:

  1. That used to be my motto song...LOVE it.

    More pics of Burl, more pics of Burl, more pics of Burl!

    Friend, LOVE this blog. Read it every day! AND I ordered those Penguin classics...they are beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww. Love that. I found one!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...