Friday, August 27, 2010

Danimal

Danimal has been living with John and me off and on for the past few years.  Even though I have to sweep more often, constantly wipe off sticky hand prints, and do more dishes, I love having him around.  John loves it too...in fact, if Daniel fails to show up, John asks me to text him to find out where he is.  Needless to say, he's a lot of fun.

I can't really pinpoint a good funny story...I can think of funny times: falling off the couch laughing at Paul Foot's stand-up comedy routine about "Baby on Board" signs...scaring each other with ridiculous masks...John and Daniel trying to get me to watch TV when I was reading the Twilight series...it has been all fun.

But, it's been stupid too.  Like the time Daniel left the front door OPEN (not unlocked) on one of the coldest nights of the year, then doing the same thing on one of the hottest days of the year.  Or the time Daniel caught a kitchen towel on fire (ok, I've done that one too).  Or the time Daniel locked himself upstairs.  If we are keeping score though, I have to come clean that I hold the record.  Daniel and I went to Dayton for a quick trip.  I was driving, and he took me the back way-a two lane highway.  It was pretty cool, until we came upon a slow car.  When I had the opportunity, I passed them...in the other lane...with oncoming traffic.  I was determined to pass them and impress Danimal with my mad driving skills.  Oh, I was mad alright.  Mad crazy.  I almost killed us.  I have never seen Daniel as terrified as that.  I think he soiled his pants.  JK.

With all the funny stuff and all the stupid stuff, nothing compares to watching Daniel be a great uncle to Baby Burl.  He's fun with him, he goofs off with him, he's safe with him (believe or not), and he tells him all the time, "I love you Burly Bear."


Crazy uncle Nanul.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...