Tuesday, August 17, 2010

I looked in my bushes...

...And I saw someone spying on me.  No lie.  I have a spy.

My kitchen sink faces my neighbor's house, which is separated by thin line of bushes.  I was washing the b.fast dishes and noticed in my peripheral vision (which is excellent, by the way, from years of playing spy and longing to be Penny from Inspector Gadget) something run along the hedges.  

It was a little boy (maybe 9 or 10 years old) in a white shirt crouched down behind the bushes.  He was looking up at me.  I tried not to notice and just let him play spy.  Then, I thought no.  No, I need to teach him to spy better.  So I glared.  I made eye contact.  I wanted him to know that his hiding spot was no good.  I almost got one of John's BLACK shirts and took it to him.  

Come on kid!  If you're going to be James Bond, let's get this right.  He should listen to me.  I wanted to be Penny!!!  We all know that is was Penny who saved Inspector Gadget.  That guy had no idea what he was doing.

Before I could figure out what to do next, he ran off while crouching down.  Crouch down run=success.  While he was running away I noticed that he had a weapon.  The boy was packing a bow and arrow.  

I had it all wrong.  This guy isn't playing spy.  He's playing cowboys and Indians...but wouldn't that make me the cowboy?  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...