Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Cades Cove, 3

 A few weekends ago, we went to Cades Cove again.  We thought it was the last "pedestrian only" Saturday of the season.  It wasn't.  It was the first "cars anytime" Saturday.  

 We were a little nervous about battling cars all day, but luckily it worked out.  There weren't too many cars and they were friendly, passing slowly and cautiously. 

As they passed, about half of the drivers yelled some sort of encouragement and praise for walking the 8-mile loop.  I was so embarrassed and felt so shy...it's just 8 miles and we are only walking.  I felt so proud and way too cool-I didn't know what to do with myself and almost got an inflated ego.  Almost.
 
Enough about me-Burl did GREAT.  As he gets older, he gets more and more aware of his surroundings.  Leaves blowing, big mountains, animals, he does not miss a thing.

Being that this was our third time up there in two months, I have to admit that I wasn't feeling as adventurous and excited.  It would have been easier to just stay home, which we almost did.  


I'm so glad that we went.  Even though it would have been easier to stay home, it wasn't better.  Being up there, where it's quiet and calm, I become just a bit more peaceful.  I love that the only thing we do is walk, talk and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...