Thursday, November 4, 2010

Double Zero

During my shift at the Gap this week, I helped a petite lady with some jeans.  She was looking for skinny jeans in black and was debating between the zero and double zero.  Between teeny and teeny-weeny.

Usually, I try and relate to the customers.  As I compared myself to her, I really could not find anything to relate.  Until she said this,



"I LIKE THIS STYLE BETTER BECAUSE IT COMES UP HIGHER ON MY WAIST.  I JUST DON'T LIKE THE LOW STUFF."

Now that I've had Burl, I speak mom-talk, so I knew what she was saying and I knew I could relate.

So, I got down on me knees so I could look her in the eye, and with my teeny weeny voice (didn't want to frighten her with my big voice), I said:

"Me too.  I hate to say it, but I love jeans that come up higher so they don't cut off my stomach.  I might get down to my pre-pregnancy weight, but my stomach is not the same."

She totally related to that and we had a moment together.

So, I encourage all those Mamas out there with there mom-stomach to embrace it.  We're all in this together.

3 comments:

  1. Blahahahahahahahahahahaha. NOW you know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom stomach or not who wants something that has to be hitched up everytime you move! Uggh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You make me laugh!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...