Here is a fun little craft that would be great as a little hostess gift, neighbor gift, that little extra something on a holiday package or something for yourself. These are somewhat small ornaments, so they look fun on a place other than the Christmas tree. With all my greenery spread about, I put one of a stem hanging off of one of the wreaths that I made.
Here's what you need:
2. Glue gun, fully loaded
3. skinny ribbon
4. Aleene's Tacky Glue
5. Jewel things (They are the size of a sliver dollar, maybe larger. The bigger-the better. I found some at Hobby Lobby and Walmart. All I could find was the iridescent, and I wish that I could have found clear.)
6. Sharpie (optional)
1. Trace a circle on some fun paper. Only use fun paper. No lame ducks allowed.
3. Cut out the circle.
5. Slather the glue on the back, flat side of the jewel.
6. Press the paper circle on the flat, gluey side of the jewel. The paper is placed face side to the glue. It will look fuzzy and blurry, but don't fret. The glue dries clear. Within a few minutes, it looks normal.
7. Cut a little ribbon, or a lot of ribbon depending on how low you want to go. Spread some hot glue on the back, flat side of the jewel and press the ribbon in the glue. ***Don't use your finger for this, use the tip of the gun for this***
Tip 1: You might need to apply some extra glue on top of the pressed ribbon for an extra hold
Tip 2: When applying the glue, place it at the top of the jewel. if it's too low, then the jewel will tip forward when it is hanging on the tree.
I hope this makes sense. If it doesn't and frustration is the only that is being created, then go eat a cupcake.