Friday, December 31, 2010

Present Resolutions

Happy New Year everyone!  


Bringing in a new year usually involves reflections on the year past and hopes and wishes for the the year to come.  What happened in 2010?  What would I like to see happen in 2011?  Those are the questions that I use to think about in past years, but not this year.

This year I'm changing it up.  I'm thinking about the present.  I have always been a fan of making resolutions at the dawn of a new year, but this year I don't see the point.  (Who knows...maybe next year I'll be back on board with the whole resolution thing?)  

For this year, I'm not waiting for a holiday to make a change.  I'm living in the present and I've made some changes:

1.  Exercising...the most popular resolution...is something that is part of my life now and I'm so thankful for it.  I'm pushing myself harder physically and mentally and enjoying every minute of it.    

2.  I'm trying to be way more conscience of what I eat.  The whole foods movement is so huge right now and I love it.  I'm on board with it, and I'm constantly trying to push myself to eat more REAL food.  More to come on this...

3.  Renovating my house.  We've been in our home for almost 5 years-a cosmetic fixer-upper. Even though we've done a lot, we have a long way to go.  Somewhere along the way, I got overwhelmed at how far we were away from perfection and quit working on it.  

We're done being overwhelmed and we are finding little ways to make it our own on a 2-digit budget.   And I can't wait to share it all!

What about you?  What are you doing?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...