Tuesday, March 1, 2011

365 Thank You Notes

Do you remember the shower that I hosted recently?  You can go HERE to read more about it.  The ladies that were there were absolutely fabulous.  So kind, so gracious, and so thankful!  I've received three thank you notes from that shower.  Three.  One from the guest of honor, one from one of the grandmothers, and one from one of the attendees.



One of the notes came on Caesar Palace stationary, straight from Vegas!  She remembered my address, stamps, but forgot stationary.  "Her gratitude could wait no longer" and she made due with what she had.


Do you know what it was like to get these thank-you's?  It was so cool.  Besides the joy that I felt to receive a hand-written notes in the mail, the letters made me feel so appreciated.  So appreciated.  The gratitude continued.  I thought, "who could I thank?"  

Just like everything in life, the more that we do something, the more that it becomes part of our lifestyle.  If I write one letter, then I think of another that I want to write.  And another.  And another.  And eventually I have to keep a list of letters that I need to write.  

What if we all became letter writers?  Specifically, thank you letter writers?  Would it get old?  Would we get tired of opening our mailboxes and seeing yet another stupid letter from a friend thanking us for something big or small?  May it never be!!!



We would become more thankful, more intentional, and more aware of all the good stuff that is going on around us.  It happened to John Kralik, author of 365 Thank Yous.  I saw an interview with him, read articles about his endeavor, and read parts of the book.  

I'm a believer now.  My life would be much better if I wrote more thank you letters.  Who can I thank next?

1 comment:

  1. you should write a letter a day & tell us about it! maybe not a year, just for march?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...