Monday, February 6, 2012

Baby Shoes

Fern needed a little pair of baby shoes and I haven't seen anything that I wanted until I saw the picture below.  They are adorable, but $54 is too much for my shoes and way too much for baby Fern.  I added this picture to my Pinterest account to inspire to make some version of this.


So, I saved it there and I saved it in my mom-memory-bank.  Then I saw a shoe tutorial on Pinterest.  I thought, "well, that's so cute to make shoes for a baby.  Cute and insane.  Only insane and experienced sewers conquer projects like that."  Well, insane I am, experienced I am not.


With spare time here and there, I made the shoes.  I was very excited.  I texted a picture of my finished products to some crafty friends and wrote, "I can't wait for Fern to wake up so I can try these on her."  They were too small.  That was disappointing, but there are several other baby girls that are small enough to fit in them that I could give them to.


Round 2: I made two pair.  I'm still considering these "practice ones."  I used linen for the white pair and muslin for the natural pair.  I made a little felt flower with a fabric leaf to add to the natural pair.  It's my version of the first picture.  I didn't want to commit to that flower, so I Velcro-ed it on so I can change it out.  However, I don't have any other flowers at this point, so I don't know when I'll change them out.  


My sewing wasn't great on these, so I'll just have to make more.  Once I worked through the instructions once, I understood everything.  If I focused on them without interruption, I think that I could do them in less than an hour.  It's not too hard.  


The picture above is from the website where I got the instructions and pattern.  Click HERE for the link.  Pour yourself a glass of crazy juice and get started.  The end product is worth all the sweat to get there.  

3 comments:

  1. oh my word! you should make dozens of these adorable shoes (in all your spare time, haha) and sell them on etsy! SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are so frickin adorable!!! Now I just need a little girl...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so lucky...I know I always say it, but you are! Lucky to have babies and to be having all this fun with them.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...