Sunday, March 4, 2012

This Week's Menu

Every Sunday I try to post my menu for the week.  This is how I do our food: I write a menu, I make a list, and I try to stick with it.  Sometimes my menu might change depending on what may or may not be on sale and in stock when I get to the store.  It's not rocket science, but I like to pretend it is.  

Last week I posted about my big switch from buying my groceries at Walmart and other places to buying everything at Publix.  My friend Juli said that I would still make the walk of shame back to Walmart every so often.  She was right.  In preparation for Burl's little party, I got most things at Walmart this week.  It was not pretty.  Back to Publix I go.  

Here's what I'm making this week:


Lasagna, salad, fresh bread
Salad with rotisserie chicken, fresh bread
Dinner out for Burl's burfday

2 comments:

  1. I try to stick to a weekly schedule too. I often switch them around order-wise during the week, based completely on what I feel like eating, but it still is a huge help to have a plan.

    My email, btw, is letwhylead at gmail. It's great to connect with you, Meg!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to pass along a super easy recipe that I use quite often. It is called Lazy Lasagna. I actually got the recipe off a ground meat label as a suggestion. Here is the recipe:

    It calls for 1 bag of frozen cheese ravioli, cooked per the package instructions. In a pan cook 1 lb of ground meat with salt and pepper (or any seasoning you would like) and add in 1 jar of whatever sauce you would like. Cook until flavors come together and meat is no longer pink. Assemble in 8x8 baking dish in layers like this...first layer is sauce with meat to coat the bottom, then layer of ravioli to coat, another layer of sauce with meat, then a layer of mozz cheese and repeat the last three layers.
    It is delicious, my family loves it. The ravioli take the place of the noodles and the ricotta mixture. Super easy. Hope you try it and that your family likes it as much as mine does.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...