Monday, March 19, 2012

This Week's Menu

Yesterday I was talking with friends at the park about the amazing goodness of Taco Soup.  (Hey Juli A.!)  The kind with 5,000 cans of beans and rotel, ground beef, a packet of taco seasoning, and a packet of ranch.  I usually avoid things with "packets" on the recipe, but come on, taco soup is worth it every now and then.  I did it.  I put taco soup on the menu this week.  I love when conversations help me plan my menu.

Also, we have a love/hate relationship with snacks in this house.  We don't eat them often and I would like to say that we don't need them, but we often find ourselves hungry and need of a little something.  (When I was pregnant, we had an endless supply of brownies and cookies that we used as snacks.)  John gets "crap out of the vending machine" at work on occasion when things get desperate.  Recently he asked me to make him snacks.  I've got a lot of recipes going.  This week, I'm making No Bake Energy Bites that are delicious.  They're like cookie dough balls without the raw egg.  I'm not sure they're healthy, but they're tasty and they really rack up the wife points for me.  Cha-ching. 

We'll be snacking on those when we're between meals:



Taco Soup
Kale/Mixed Green Salad, Bread, Hummus
Chicken Stroganoff
Black Bean & Corn Quesadillas  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...