Wednesday, April 18, 2012

{right now}

Right now I am...

...taking pictures of everything, anytime I get the chance.  Practice makes perfect sounds like a cheaper plan than photography classes and much more convenient at this time in my life.
...learning that I have a long way to go until I feel like a good picture taker.
...deciding that my pictures have changed and I'm getting slowly closer.


The rosemary bush that has beat all the odds and continues to thrive.

...wanting to write.
...having a lot to say and put out "there."
...trying to slow down and organize my thoughts.  
...wanting to compose those thoughts clearly and carefully.
...remembering Anne Lamott's "bird by bird" advice.  When her brother waited until the last minute to write a lengthy paper on birds, he sat overwhelmed.  His father sat down beside him and said, "son, just take it bird by bird."
...thinking that is good advice.  I might just write a post about strawberries.

It looks like I'm going to have a lot of hydrangeas again this year.

...reading over this little list and thinking, "gosh I sound cheesy."
...hoping that I learn to sound genuine and thoughtful, not arrogant and quirky.
...enjoying this blogging thing and what it means to me.
...defining what this blogging thing means to me.
...anticipating a series coming...me and blogging.
...thinking about what creativity means to me.
...dreaming of fitting it into my life.

2 comments:

  1. I also take photos of anything and everything! Anthony teases me all the time calling me David Bailey lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. my guess is that, one way or another, most of us who blog are walking the same path of self-discovery that you describe. we may not know where it will lead, but somehow, the journey feels right.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...