Sunday, April 8, 2012

This Week's Menu

Last week I made a wonderful chicken pot pie.  It was one of those meals that took a long time to make.  The process was long and involved.  It's been a while since I've spent that long making a meal, and it felt so good.  It was creative, it was wholesome, and best of all: it fed us several meals.  From boiling the chicken, making the broth, chopping the vegetables, creating the sauce, forming the dough, getting it just right into the cast iron dutch oven, to baking it for over an hour: awe.  It was refreshing.  

I feel in love with slow cooking all over again.  
I fell in love with things that take a lot of time.  
I fell in love for cooking for my family.
I fell in love with our motto: "easier is not always better."

At times when dinner can be chaotic and wild, this meal felt perfect.  I don't always have hours to dedicate to one meal, but when I do, the process is almost as good as the end result.  

This is what we're eating this week:

Roasted beet salad, cream of asparagus soup
Penne with tomatoes, basil, and sausage
Flank steak, mashed potatoes, limas
Lasagna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...