Sunday, April 15, 2012

This Week's Menu

I like to do little things in a fancy way.  It makes me feel fancy and special-in a small way, not in a big way.  That might sound arrogant, and I really don't mean it to sound that way.  The truth is, I think that we all do that in some way and I think that's great.  We might put a cute picture in the dashboard of our car.  We might always use that one special coffee mug.  We might take the extra time to write that grocery list in a nice, pretty print.  

One of the things that I've been doing for years is using my hands for the salt.  Salt shakers have been banned from this house.  In their place, I have this little terracotta dish with large, flavorful kosher salt.  I grab and pinch and sprinkle the salt on my food.  I feel so chef-like when I do it.  Even Burl uses it when we eat eggs, and he pretends-sprinkle when he's playing "eat."  {Which is about the cutest thing ever!}  It's like American's Test Kitchen up in here.  And I like it.  It's fancy.  It's fun.  

So, when I'm sprinkling salt this week, I will be doing it while making these meals:


5-bean chili
Chili-mac (with leftover chili)
Curry chicken and rice, broccoli
Cream of chicken and wild rice soup
Salad, fresh bread

2 comments:

  1. Hi Meg!

    I just wanted to let you know that I've awarded you the Liebster Blog award. All the details are on my latest post over at www.forthoselittlemoments.blogspot.com

    Love Liane x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do share the curry chicken recipe. I have never made it, but I remember by friend's mom always making it. Different for a young kid to eat...I want to try it again.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...