Monday, December 31, 2012

This Week's Menu

Being healthy is not a good weight.  It is not dieting after the holidays.  It is not living a Whole30, Paleo, or vegan lifestyle.  This is what I have to tell myself everday.  The Whole30 that I did this summer brought so much change in perspective to me.  I feel like it was my first break away from the bondage of food.  Then, I went off-then on again-then off for the holidays.  Woah.  While it helped me get healthier, it did not take me to the place I want.

The long-lasting change hasn't happened yet.  I still have food longings.  I still obsess.  I still crave.  I still feel the need to treat myself with food.  Therefore, I'm taking January to do Whole30.  Again.  My goals are to lose some more weight, learn how to cook differently (healthier),  feel better, and have some time to consider where I want to be with food.  I'm not sure what "a healthy relationship with food" looks like (and I really don't like that phrase).  However, I want to find out what it is.  I want to determine how I should be living for myself and for my family.  

I would love some company with this.  If you would like to join me, then please let me know.  If you want a change, jumping into this is a great tool.  (Sandy, I'm looking at you!)  Let's do this!

Here's our dinners this first week:


Lentil soup, fruit
Cobb Salad (no cheese)
Mulligatawny Reboot, rice on the side

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...