Wednesday, February 13, 2013

My Favorite Homemade Detergent

First things first, I got a little earthy and made my own laundry detergent today.  Someone teased me about being granola or getting back to the earth or something like that, but I told them that I started wearing more makeup so it balances all out.  That's right.  I've added one more thing to do before I walk out the door, but what I'm really trying to say is: I made my own laundry detergent today.  Stay with me here.



There are certain things that I just don't think we should have to pay for.  Toilet paper, fast internet, haircuts, and detergent are all things that every person deserves as their part for waking up and joining the human race.  Unfortunately, I've not received any of those for free.  I have, however, started making my own detergent.  The last batch that I made was in July.  It cost less than $20, maybe even less than $15 and it's lasted me this long.  Over seven months.  I add Bizz (a bleach for colors) to the white loads, but it still works great.  

I highly recommending going and getting the recipe and saving some money.  Don't forget to pat yourself on the back for feeling like one awesome, earth loving person.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...