Thursday, November 5, 2015

Girly Scones


This kindergarten adjustment has reached its hands into each of our lives. Recently John and I talked about Fern and how it's probably hit her the hardest. While Burl is off at school working hard and flourishing, Fern has lost her best friend and closest playmate. 


Most mornings after drop off, we come back home and enjoy time together while Ridge naps. It's a collection of activities. She plays on her own while I do chores; we play house on the den floor; we paint; or we do something special. 


This morning we made scones, and had treats on the front stoop. We took the camera and took turns taking pictures and cutting off the top half of each other's faces. 


She refers to these times as girl time or we're girls together. Beyond the special one-on-one time with a child, I deeply enjoy connecting to my daughter. I'm becoming more aware of how much she looks to me for what a girl is, and I love creating simple moments where we can be together. 

....................................................................

Baking is not my favorite thing, but these scones were easy and delicious. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...