Thursday, April 21, 2016

Field Trip Fun


School field trips with my crazy mom and my friends' crazy moms are some of my favorite childhood memories. They were the most fun, and bless their hearts, they did little chaperoning. We loved it!




Their chaperoning went like this: First, they drove and told the teacher which kids that they wanted in their cars. They would pack EPIC picnics (this is where my mom shined the brightest)! Also, they always treated us to the gift shop. Last, they signed us out early and we stayed late at the field trip. That's exactly what happened last week when I tagged along with Burl and his friends to the Nature Center. 


We followed the same pattern as my mom and her friends. The forecast was total rain, but we got lucky and only dealt with mud for a while then sun in the afternoon. 


The above face was his reaction to an owl feasting on a dead mouse. It was a highlight/lowlight of the trip. 




Once his class left, Burl and I drove the look around the cove. Since we were on a one way, gravel, no other cars drive, I let him ride shotgun. He was so happy and talked about all the things for the entire time. I barely got a word in-he was so excited that he talked the whole time and even interrupted himself. Those were signs that he was really enjoying himself. 




He quickly spotted a bamboo forest and the grounds keeper gave him a staff. 




Burl loved having me there for the field trip and some one-on-one time at the end. One-on-one time with my children is such a treat for me, but especially my Burl who is gone to school most of the time. He kept saying how special the time was, and I couldn't have agreed more. I can only hope I held a candle to my childhood trips. 

1 comment:

  1. Did he recognize it as the place where his uncle holds the course record?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...