Monday, April 25, 2016

Ridge's Burn


Ridge would like to raise awareness among his infant peers. Parents make boiling hot cups of danger every morning and drink them. Be warned: DO NOT DIP YOUR HAND IN THEM!


It was an honest mistake by one of Ridge's parents. I'm not going to say who it was but it wasn't me. I was mad for a solid twenty minutes, then I remembered that we can't always keep them safe. 


On a serious note: this burn was our worst accident yet. He was in a lot of pain after it happened. It didn't look bad the day of the accident, but within a few days he was losing all the skin on the top of his hand and around his fingers. We're almost at the end of it, but it's been pitiful. He hasn't been able to suck his thumb (and I couldn't get him to go lefty). Now that he has his thumb back, he hasn't resumed his comfort. I can't deal with that. He loved his thumb-I'm trying hard to get him to start again but he's not taking. We'll see if he picks up that bad but cute baby habit. 


Thankfully, there will be no permanent damage. Full use. No scars. Still as active as before. He's not slowing down for nothing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...