Saturday, June 24, 2017

Beach, 2017

Well, we did it. We survived our first beach trip as a family of six (including 3 non-swimmers). I was openly nervous about the attentive care required for the varying needs and wants of such a young crew. Before the trip, I ran scenarios with John of who will watch who. Things were much easier than I fretted about, and John and I weren't as exhausted as I anticipated. However, John and I played tag-team so much that we didn't get to spend much time with each other and we were so exhausted at the days' ends that we collapsed. I still wonder, "how did John enjoy his trip to the beach?"


Things have drastically changed since our couples' trips to the beach before we had children. Eight days, 12 hours at the beach, dress up for dinner, stay up late and wake up early has come and gone. Now we have shorter trips to the beach, no dressing up, and we prefer lunches out over dinners (if we leave the condo at all). We're keeping it S.I.M.P.L.E. and having so much more fun!
























I could sit and watch my babies play at the beach all the live long day. Burl is aggressive about boogie boarding, Fern is enthusiastic about running from waves, Ridge is focused digging with his trucks, and the beach was actually a little too bright for Lark.


We've been able to take regular trips to the beach every summer and I hope to always be thankful for what a treat that is. I hope my children are thankful for the regular privilege they have to do this and never demand it as an expectation. It was a big deposit in the memory bank!
SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...