Friday, September 1, 2017

The Bigs & Littles With The Fountain!


Here's what I do around here: I take pictures of a little outing with my children, add some overthinking words and hit "post." After a slight evolution, that's the main dish that I serve on my blog. This post is a perfect example. 


Early one morning towards the end of summer, we hit the fountains downtown. There was hardly anyone there-such a stress reliever! I didn't have to keep my littles from being knocked over and my bigs from knocking people over. 



Rewind to the days I only had Burl and Fern, we filled our time with these little baby outings. (As Fancy Nancy says, "outings is a fancy word for short trip.") They've slowed down considerably, because of two reasons. First, wrangling four kids has kept us more homebound than usual. The outings are still there but they are not as numerous. Second, with one foot in big kid world and one foot in toddler/baby world, engaging everyone is becoming challenging. I have to integrate small activities with ones that engage the big kids' freedoms. 



Now the big kids are in school and it's just me and the babies, but I remember these summer outings fondly. I love this mom gig and doing fun things like this is my speed. 

SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...