Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Lately from the iPhone

Here's a little update of pictures from my phone. I still have a 5s, so don't get envious over my picture quality:

 


 Lark was moved to a stool, and Burl thought it was the precious. I love little Lark doing big-boy things, but I love even more how my big boy is looking at our little Lark.

This was Day 2 or reading and writing. The kids have stayed consistent with their reading and journaling every day this summer. When the babies and mama nap, then these big kids get their books and read. Then they journal three sentences. I've been impressed with their consistency and good attitudes.  

I got over zealous one morning and cut down our VERY overgrown hedges. Once I was done, the kids said, "mama, you've done all the work and now it's time for us to help. We will take it to the front for you." Burl, Fern, and Ridge hauled 60% of the brush for me.  

Lark is getting the hang of his float. He's quite brave and excited at the pool. His favorite is walking on the edge of the pool. He misstepped and finally fell in the pool. I knew it was going to happen and I was curious to see what he would do. He stayed calm and found his water balance. Now he's going down the slide and popping up with a big smile on his face. 

My kids love to stop and see Daddy at that magical place he spends his time, Work. We've never been in his factory, because we aren't allowed. John comes out to see us with the coolest protection gear and the babies go cross-eyed when they wear his hat!

We made cinnamon sugar doughnuts for Father's Day and they were a huge hit. Lark was adorable in his crystal-covered face. 

Burl has had an engineering streak in him and really wants to build stuff. Even if it's hammering nails in a board, he's happy and proud. 

Naps are well loved in this house, even if our feet hang like ornaments. 

We are doing some preliminary orthodontics for Burl, and he had a funny streak at our last appointment. He's at the age where he loves to clown around. 

My mom took the three big kids to a buffet dinner recently, so we snuck away for some great BBQ with our sweet baby. He held both our hands and enjoyed  seeing the goats after dinner. We couldn't get over how cute he always is. What a treasure to have him all to ourselves. 

I've been told that your school mom friends are friends for life. The three of us formed a close bond this school year. Jessica went to seminary for a counseling degree, and Katie has her masters in school counseling, and I've had counseling since I was a child! You can imagine that we can go pretty deep, pretty quickly but also have a deep sense of joy from the Lord. We are often praying with and for each other, and I'm very thankful for them. 

There's a little drop-in update via my phone pictures. I hope to get back to regular blogging soon. Our summer has been off to a very fun and exciting pace. Thankfully, July looks a little bit more slow and boring-just as summer should be!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...