Friday, August 10, 2018

First & Third

We are back to school! I have a million thoughts running through my head about school starting again! I'm trying to keep this post simple, because I don't have enough whits about me to say something comprehensive. These sweet pictures are stirring up all the adoring feelings that I have for these four. Here, I'll try to say some things...


Our whole house was sad to see Summer vacation go, but Burl and Fern were excited about their school family. Truthfully, I don't like the hustle and the schedule, but school gives my kids an outlet and opportunity for so much more than we can offer. Burl has already told us in detail about mapping, robotics, and compasses. Fern took a book to school and asked to read it to the class-Three Little Pigs, and she did voices! This was only the first two days!


Ridge, "I showed my bottom in dat picture." 


I keep looking over these pictures and thinking, "I JUST love them so much." Then, I think about the specific ways that I am proud and amazed at them. 


Burl, his third grade goofiness is right on track and we can make him laugh until his neck veins pop out with a simple poopoo joke. He's always jumping around, moving, making noises, and getting in our personal space. But, he's our fun leader and kind to his siblings and eager to help. 


There was a time in Fern's life when we weren't sure that Fern was going to make it through a whole school day because of her shyness. That's until she started preschool then actual school. She has fully blossomed into a leader in her classroom and a sponge of learning (her teacher's words, not mine). It's amazing to see her explode with personality.  


Here I am. I'm another proud, doting mom who wonders how she can love her children so much? I'm so proud of them. I love these pictures and the good morning we had. I'm patting myself on the bargain I had with them-If you don't fuss and let me take pictures of you, we will go to the bakery after school. The hustle continues. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...