Thursday, February 26, 2015

Burl's First Chop

Winter (combined with my pregnancy) has kept us indoors more than we're used to, so we are doing ALL THE THINGS we can in our house. Recently, I let Burl play with knives...



Ok, playing with knives is a much looser way of describing what I really did. I let Burl chop with my chef's knife during dinner prep a few nights ago. When time and energy allows, I love to involve the kids in cooking, and chopping was a big step for us. He was so careful and I was so proud. It was very exciting to see how well he did with this-it felt like such a milestone, up there with first steps or first smiles. I guess I could call it his first chop. 

And just for good measure, I looked up one of my all time favorite pictures of cooking with baby Burl:

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...