Wednesday, January 7, 2015

New Year's Day Brunch

When talking about his time off around New Year's, John and I both listed things that we wanted to do that would make us happy. Since I never got to fit in a meal for our friends over Christmas, I was itching for a meal together. We invited friends and babies over for brunch on New Year's Day. I made a salad, spiced potatoes, quiches, fruit, and John made cinnamon rolls. We served mimosas and f'mosas (sparkling water and OJ for me and the kids). It felt easy and rowdy and full, all things I love about being with friends.









Instead of setting up the big table, we spread out around the house. Burl and his buddies played army, superhero fight, the guys shot bow and arrows outside, and the girls talked inside. Aside from the mimosas, the highlight was probably Uncle Daniel showing up and wrestling and dancing with all the kids. The brunch was exactly what we hoped it would be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...