Thursday, February 15, 2018

Things I'm Loving Right Now

1. Double Dates. We were invited to a double date, which turned into a triple date when we ran into another couple. This is my jam right now. John and I don't have many opportunities for adult conversation without kid interruptions. That's fine. It's a short season, but we enjoy the opportunities when we get them. Now, we find ourselves going on as many double dates  as regular ones. 

2. Running. Running is going well right now and I'm so thankful that my body is working enough so I can run every other day. Schedule, ability, weather, stamina, and desire all have to line up for me to go for a run. So far, I've been able to stay consistent and it feels great. 


3. Citrus. This time of year offers so much sweet fruit. We are all loving cutie oranges (Lark goes crazy if he sees them) and there's always a pineapple on the counter waiting to be cut. (Ridge ate so much pineapple yesterday his tongue was raw-he kept asking, "Why it hurt?")

4. Hat. Wearing a hat is NOT my norm but I finally bought one. Inspired by one of my babysitters and another friend, I made the choice for a spunky beanie for some of our colder days. When I wear it, I always get comments. No flattery, just different versions of, "oh you're wearing a hat." Yes. I'm wearing a hat. The end.

5. Hot tea. When I talked to my doctor about a healthy diet, she mentioned that green tea was good for us. In my effort to be healthier, I've switched from "quit eating so much food" to "what can I put in my body to help me feel good." It's a switch from no no no to yes yes yes. There's a list of things, but mint green tea has been a calming addition. I brew a cup every afternoon as the kids get out of school. I either take it with me for carpool or sip it while I wait for carpool to come to me. It warms me up and it calms me down. It's not as fun as a brownie, but I feel better!

Writing this list helps me see that there are things going well in winter-who knew!? It's not summer, so I need all the practice I can get on focusing on happy/good things. I don't usually get comments, but feel free to tell me things going well for YOU.
SaveSave

4 comments:

  1. Such great practices. I wish I'd learned to do better for myself in those little years. Am trying now, so better late than never. I am so over winter, but with another month and a half of the cold and white still likely to linger, I'm attempting to find things that make me happy. I hope one day to love winter again, but until then, finding things you love to do in spite of winter is good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely know that feeling. Having a winter baby has helped give me something to celebrate! fo sho.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry about the comments...I have really enjoyed your blog over the years and unfortunately, don't say so very much.
    I have been loving:
    Getting outdoors daily, despite our northern winter and crazy weather.
    Tea in a duplicate old Pyrex mug, just like my Grandma used to have.
    Thinking of planting lupine, billy balls and eucalyptus this spring. We'll see how it goes!
    Playing the piano.
    Writing letters with a fountain pen.
    And...reading, "There's no Such Thing as Bad Weather." (Thus, trying to get outside more. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Double dates sound WONDERFUL. Where do you like to go?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...