Monday, February 12, 2018

Valentine's Decor: Printing With A Potato


To my surprise, I tried a random craft over the weekend that turned out well. I pulled my inspiration from every place except from pinterest. It was a combination of high school art and things I've heard in passing over the years. 


The kids enjoy decorating for all the holidays. A.L.L. While I tend towards "less is more," they lean towards "less is sad, more is more is more, can't stop, won't stop." I like to find a happy middle of ways I can decorate for little to no money. 


I made a potato stamp (cut in half, carve out a shape) and used the kids squirt paint. They all got into it. Burl was into the carving part. Fern was into the coloring part. Ridge was into the mess part. 


I stamped them on watercolor paper and taped them above the currently naked mantel. It was way too easy and I love the mismatched uniformity to it. Next up is a big yellow piece for Fern. 
SaveSave

1 comment:

  1. Very fun. I love the simplicity of it and how great they turned out. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...