Saturday, December 22, 2018

Cades Cove Field Trip



What a perfect time to hit Cades Cove! Fern's grade chartered two buses and took the kids for a full day field trip. The colors were unlike anything that I've seen before. The winding road to get there was coated in rich, gold hues contrasted with the darkness of the bark. It felt like it was glowing. While the kids made potty jokes, I kept interrupting with "Guys aren't the colors awesome?"



Within a few minutes of entering the park, we got to see a six point buck!


But, nothing was as amazing as surprising Burl and his buddy that they got to skip school and join us. We grabbed Fern and Asher and they got to ride the loop, unbuckled with the back open while they ate junk food. There is no other thrill than that! 


Not only did I enjoy the colors, I loved being a fly on the wall as I listened to their elementary school discussions. I love the baby stage, but this stage offers a different kind of fun! Kids, they're awesome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...