Saturday, December 15, 2018

Lark Days

Finally, I have some time with my baby and me! When Ridge goes to school, I get a few hours of Lark time. It's really the best. Sometimes we have to use that time for errands, but sometimes he gets to do something at home totally FOR HIM.


A favorite toddler activity of mine has been sink time. The sink is empty of dirty dishes, I put some towels on the ground, pull up a chair, strip toddler down to a diaper and give them some plastic cups and measuring cups to enjoy. This was Lark's first time doing it and he stayed very busy while I watched him work. Those bare shoulders get me-so soft to kiss!


Whether it's a sweet activity like this or boring grocery shopping, we always do a lot of eye contact, smiling, and tickling. It's nice to have him by himself to go slow and enjoy. If you've been around here for a while, then you know that one-on-one time with any of my children is something that I really treasure. They offer more of themselves and I have more attention to take it all in. 


The absolute best part of my Lark days is when we eat lunch at the counter together-he has started to reach for my hand! He likes to hold hands while we eat together! I'm tearing up right now thinking about this big small gesture that I would have never known if other kids were around. My big baby is such a joy and I'm so grateful for one day a week with him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...