Thursday, July 18, 2013

The Rest Of My Birthday Weekend

Birthday celebrations are never limited to just one event. That Camping Trip was only half the action. If you've read this blog for a while or you know me in person, then you know this to be true.  If I was one of those bumper stickers all over my car people, then there surely would be something on there about celebrating birthdays.  "Birthdays? No, Try BirthWeekends or BirthWeeks, or my favorite BirthMonths!"


After our camping trip, John and I went out for my free birthday meal at a local restaurant then to a party (not for me, for someone else).  Since we were on the mountain, we stopped for a view and a quick couple picture overlooking the Chattanooga Valley.


Sunday (my actual birthday) was great.  Before church, we went to a little cafe with so-so coffee and this amazing outdoor veranda.  The only reason that place does so well is that veranda, making the south feel like a humid spot in Europe.  Oolala.


The kids wanted to run around, so we let them, but John pointed out and laughed that all they wanted to do was climb on Mama.  Being in happy birthday spirit, I thought this was the cutest thing ever!


Sunday night we got a sitter for the kids, so I could enjoy dinner with my family. John and I went to dinner with my brothers and parents.  Who are divorced.  Who might be touching in this picture.  And who are definitely smiling.  It's fun to get together without the kids, so we can focus on laughing so hard that we make a scene.  When we're together, there is always a lot of laughter.  After all the things this family has gone through, it's amazing that we can have nights like these.  It is by far my favorite birthday tradition.


This 32nd birthday was fun and I really enjoyed the weekend of celebrating.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...