Thursday, March 10, 2016

Little Mommy On The Phone


So often being a parent gives us a reflection of who we are. Fern is definitely her own person, but I see her do things that I know she's picked up from me. The other day I heard her pretending to be on the phone, "She's not listening good today. Right now she's dancing on her tiptoes. Oh I'm sorry for your hard things. Sorry, sorry, sorry. I know, I know, I know." She's picked up that my phone calls usually involve telling cute kid stories and talking about hard things with my friends.


Another way she mirrors me is being a little mommy. She loves taking care of all her babies. She loves helping with Ridge and loving her own babies. Everyday she's tending to her dolls-feeding them, putting them to sleep, wearing them in a wrap, or talking sweetly to them. 


This week I told her that she's a great mama to her dolls, and she replied, "just like my book, Little Mommy!" She also knows what she's good at and a little proud about it, just like me (eek). This combo makes for several cute moments and stories (and I usually call someone and tell them about her). 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...