Thursday, December 21, 2017

Boy Pile On

It happened one day last week that I found myself arms full of my three boys. They love to lay on me-as much of their body on my body and I love the weight of them. When this happens, someone usually notices and says, "oh Mama, you've got your three boys!" This time Fern noticed and grabbed my phone to take a picture-these pictures were taken on the same day, morning and night. 


I wouldn't call myself ready to raise boys, thank you Jesus for all grace and power, but I can say that nothing surprises me, thank you brothers for that hard knock education. Their rowdiness and their cravings for all things outside and physical is totally appreciated by me. I respect that they need to wrestle, roam, fight, explore, and get into mild trouble.


A quick google search to find a quote about raising boys turned up lame. The quotes were stupid and a little bossy. I don't have a conclusive thought on the subject, because it just is. It's fun, it's great, and it makes me happy. However, I saw a shirt that says "support wildlife, raise boys," that made me laugh. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...