Tuesday, December 5, 2017

The Unbuckled Thanksgiving

We unbuckled our seat belt of rules and rode the Thanksgiving roller coaster as wild as we could. 


First off, the kids and I went all out with our place settings, a little tradition that I especially enjoy. In years past, we have come up with some fun ornate excessive little craft for each person's place. The kids are in charge of choosing the seating arrangement, a task that they take seriously. I love overhearing their reasoning of each person's place, even though they are about the same every year. 


But let's admire the little faux campfires for a moment. They even gave out faux heat. In our hearts. Precious.


This year I did something that I never knew I could do-I ran the 8k Turkey Trot with John and my brothers. It put me in the best mood for the rest of the day, because I was bursting with pride and energy. 


After the race, we headed back to our house. I put out a meat and cheese plate, and the kids filled up there. They couldn't imagine that they could walk by the plate, grab whatever they wanted and eat it while they walked around. Not buckling the seat belt can be fun. Ridge never got an official nap, until after the big meal, we found him asleep. That belly says it all. 


The next day we joined John's family for a buffet lunch. It's very unusual for us to go out to eat, but it was a treat for everyone. A break for the cooks in the family and a brush with fancy for the children, we all enjoyed ourselves. 


Our fun time with our extended family set such a good tone. As soon as Saturday hit, we started with the Christmas decorating and music. More of our current holiday explosion later! 
SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...