Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Happy 8th, Burl!

Burl turned 8 and we did 8,000 things to celebrate. 



Family came over, friends came over, we did something as a family, and we took the birthday boy out for a dinner with mom and dad only (my personal favorite). He chose Chili's. A few months ago, he got a coupon for a free kids meal (pizza + fries) and we learned that they provide tablets and games at the table. It was the "best restaurant ever." 


He was non-stop talking and questioning and loved the attention. We walked to ice cream after that. On the way we passed downtown condos and saw an old man in his bedroom on the ground floor and he was totally naked. We saw his bottom crack, and for an 8 year old-that's better than ice cream! 


I had some great ideas for some minute-to-win-it style games, so I made his friends do those. It was so much fun and we all laughed. 



To top off the 8 year old goofiness, I labeled all the cups with potty words instead of names. The 2nd graders highly approved. 


We love our Burl and sometimes I feel bad for him because he's the first child and somewhat our trial run when it comes to parenting. He absorbs it well and receives our apologies with love. I hope that I can be as gracious. 
SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...