Saturday, March 3, 2018

Big Firsts At The Farm




 Ever since the tree burning (and his CapriSun binge), Ridge has had a daily habit of asking to go to my dad's farm. Since the kids were off of school for Presidents' Day and the weather was unseasonably good, we made it happen.


My dad called it his favorite visit yet. We had some monumental firsts that comes with (almost) big kids. 



1. They roamed into the cow field by themselves and ran wild and free! Usually, they stay close to the house and venture into the field only when they're on some type of vehicle. We've never told them they couldn't, but they weren't old enough to feel comfortable with it, I guess. 


2. Burl drove the 4-wheeler by himself. End of story. Day made. Life complete. And I'm just referring to my dad. Burl was happy too. He handled the responsibility with utmost care. My favorite part was at the end of the day as we were leaving. My dad pulled Burl aside, hugged him, and told Burl how proud he was. My dad told him that he knew he could trust Burl. Touch and words are so powerful, even for guys. As shaping as the 4-wheeler ride was, there aren't many things that top a man freely giving a boy pride and trust. 




3. Water creations. The picture below might be one of my all time favorite poignant pictures of my kids. Burl in his boy gear, Fern in her girl gear, Ridge soaked. They spent some time in the overflow creek building dams and bridges. Always a hit with my kids



We onc again had a great time and look forward to our next visit and new freedoms. 
SaveSaveSaveSave

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...