Monday, April 16, 2018

Master Bedroom: Before & (almost) After

When flight attendants give instructions on the plane about oxygen mask, we learn a life lesson that I always love to bring up to my friends. "If traveling with a child, put on your mask first, then the child's." Why? Because ain't no mama good to their babies if they aren't breathing. Meaning, we are better able to help people if we are doing well ourselves. Before getting into theology about God working through weakness (because that's the truth too), let's talk about the master bedroom.


I put the master bedroom high on the priority list when it comes to decorating my home. It's good for me to have a place that feels quiet and calm. I like it to feel stress-less, because, Mama has to have her oxygen before I can help anyone else. I want my master bedroom to recharge me. It wasn't for a long time until I figured out what I wanted. 

Here is my before:


For about a year, I've wanted something different and thought about something new. 


Here is my after:


I have been making these changes throughout the rest of the house. I'm going from muted, colorful walls and white furniture and white accessories. Now I want white walls, and bold and neutral furniture and small pops of colorful accessories. It's been so fun! I'm having a fun time with it while trying to spend as little money as I can. 


I saved money to buy new lamps. At the store, I decided to use what I got. I spray painted the base gold and added a new shade, then had money leftover for new frames. One of my plants has already died. I'm the most neglectful plant lady every. 


There's a lot of blank space, free of clutter and dustables. Oh how dustables annoy me always sitting there collecting dust, reminding me that I hate to dust! Wide open surfaces are what really make my heart pitter-patter.

We call that rope thing over the bed, our Disciples' Fishing Net. My mom surprised me with it for my birthday and I absolutely love it. It's so cool. It's so big. It's so awesome. 


The after has already changed though! John and I upgraded to a king bed (best decision ever!), so I'm somewhat in the middle of a change now. We loved this room while it lasted, and now we're working on the latest after. Along with 4,000 other projects. We are thankful for this house that we're living in and somewhat taking care of. 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing this piece! It is very helpful and informative. Would love to see more updates from you.

    Painting Services Melbourne

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...