Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Veggie Wrap

Making healthy decisions is such an adult struggle. While I have the power to make and eat whatever I want, I feel better when I put those good, colorful veggies in my body. 


My doctor told me that it's not just about cutting down the calories. Instead, I need to focus on getting in the much needed nutrients that come from plants. I finally decided to focus on a healthy lunch that tasted good and made me happy. 


Right now, I'm loving my veggies wraps:

hummus
matchstick carrots
sprouts
chopped kale
tomatoes
half an avocado
cucumbers

No dressing is needed because the avocado and hummus offer enough creaminess. My kids call it The Monster Burrito. Paired with an orange, this lunch is as almost as good as nachos. Sometimes self discipline tastes the best-and sometimes dreams are filled with chocolate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...