Sunday, May 13, 2018

Mother's Day 2018

It's been a time around here. I've learned that with four young kids we are going to be sick a lot. It's a stage of life-I get it. That stage has been our only stage lately. Lark had HFM and the rest of us had a very long run with strep. We've been hunkered down, pent up, sequestered, washed and dried. Luckily, my expectations have become closer to actual life and I've been given a *mostly* good attitude about it. I love these babies and taking care of them!


Today we celebrated by getting back to our regular routines! That's all I wanted for Mother's Day, well, that and cards! We went to church this morning as an entire family. It's been a couple of months since we've gone together. Before we left, the kids gave me their mom surveys. This year, Burl and Fern filled them out themselves! What a sweet change. Fern said that her favorite thing to do with me was go on GNO's (Girls Night Out) and Burl said that his favorite thing about me was the funny jokes that I say. Such kind words. 


I got my Sunday afternoon nap, then John made dinner for us. We ended the day in my favorite way-dinner and yard lingering outside. John played my role and his role, which freed me up to give a yes to everything the kids asked me. I played fun music and we jumped on the trampoline until I had drops of sweat running down my face. 


It was a great day, getting back to normal. I told John that once school is out, I want more days like this. I want to end as many summer nights just like this. I want these nights to be a strong foundation in the kids' memories. These nights will for sure be a part of my memory of this stage of being a mom to littles. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...