Wednesday, May 16, 2018

My Ridge & Lark Days



I've missed Burl and Fern so much while they're at school, but I am openly thankful for the sweet time that it has given me with my baby boys. We've had a great time together this school year! We've dropped off the big ones, said our goodbyes, hugs and kisses, then we've set off for adventure!



Sometimes the adventures are interesting. Sometimes they're boring grocery runs. Sometimes it's on the floor of the den. This is always true: Ridge and Lark are close together. 


I've got front row tickets and the theater to myself for the show of their blossoming friendship. Even though Ridge is on the younger half of the sibling chain, he's a big, proud, doting brother to Lark. It's direct and powerful how much Ridge loves "baby awk-y" (aka baby Lark-y). Lark adores Ridge too, but it's indirect. Lark stays close to Ridge and casually copies what he does. So far, they can make the same truck noise, airplane nose, and some similar animal noises-mostly aggressive animals. 


We had a long stretch of illnesses around here that kept us pinned down. While we all got stir crazy, I personally enjoyed the small, simple time with my children. We spent time away from people because germs, so we stayed home or went to the woods. The woods don't mind our germs. 



After a long week of having Burl then Fern home with strep, Ridge asked me if the next day could just be him, me, and Lark. That tells me that Ridge has enjoyed the baby time too. 


Next week the kids finish school, so everything will change. Instead of slow and quiet, we will have loud chaos and wilder ideas of playing. (Just today after school, "Mama, can we try to start a fire in the backyard?") Our tickle sessions will be interrupted with random questions that I can never satisfy-How are straws made? How much money does Daddy make every hour? Can you solve this very random number sentence that doesn't make any sense? 


While I daydream about what I will do with myself when they're in school, I'm not rushing through this stage at all. I'm here all day, e'ery day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...