Saturday, February 16, 2019

A Barefoot Day & Noodles



I'm loving being home with the two littles. They are increasingly more engaging and more fun! It's not hard for me to admit that my time with them often reminds me of my similar days with Burl and Fern. We did the same things, but without the hustle of school. For my sake, I try hard to keep our pace as slow as I can. I linger on the floor with them, take time to tickle them as I buckle them in their car seats, or hold them a little longer than normal. While I can't do this everyday, the days that I do it are the best!


I don't have any new tricks, so I just repeat what I did with Burl and Fern. It worked ok in my book! A household favorite are NOODLES! 


I set up the kids table in the kitchen and give them a bowl of dry noodles with spoons and measuring cups. They love the sensory, the freedom to do it on their own, and making a mess!


I try not to get involved but I do hover with total fixation on them. Look at Lark's little mouth in the picture above. Such focus! I love seeing this. 


Towards the end, I showed them that they could drive their trucks through it to make roads. That turned into them piling every truck that they had on top of the noodles. I loved it so much because it's just another little way these boys are being boys together and ramping up to the next level. I love them and my barefoot days with them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...