Saturday, February 23, 2019

Self Care Play

My friend's husband came up to me a while ago and said, "Jess says she really likes hanging out with you and one of the reasons is you're really good at self care." That made me laugh! What a reputation! 

What used to be be called R&R is now self care, our new buzz phrase. It's thrown at moms the most-having a hard time? stressed out? BUT WHAT ARE YOU DOING FOR SELF CARE? There's a pressure for moms to be really really great at self care to keep them mellow.


I'm good at doing things that makes me happy. I hang out with friends, I run, I (try to) meditate, I have hobbies, etc. I'm a hoarder of self care and most of my things are done away from my family and outside of my house. 

Not anymore though! My new favorite, most exciting form of self care is stopping it all and being with my kids. Playing, sitting, talking, answering questions, chasing, etc. It fills me so much right now! I say NO to my perceived fatigue, the mom chores, and all the other things. Like going rogue, I'm choosing self care that keeps me right where I am and embraces the love that's right in front of me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...