Thursday, February 21, 2019

Burl Does Bath Time

A babysitter recently relayed some info that she gathered when she was here. Ridge told her that Fern plays with him, but Burl does not. When I passed this along to Burl, he was shocked and almost offended. Burl definitely plays with Ridge-to which Burl pointed out all the ways they play together! Camping, obstacle course, tractor, legos, trampoline, etc. In an effort to regain big brother points, Burl has really ramped up the Ridge time! It's been hilarious and absolutely precious.


I was reminded of all that big brother-ness when I saw these pictures taken a few weeks ago. Burl asked if he could do bath time. At first I micromanaged the potential mess, then I let go and sat back with my camera and my fuzzy mom feelings. 


Burl used his gentile voice and his big smile the whole time! 


When he finished the washing part, he asked me "now what?" I told him now was the fun part. He can just play with them. In true Burl-ness, he started a puppet game with the dragon washcloth. The two littles were buying whatever Burl was selling! Burl was eating it all up. 


One of my hopes is that we are fostering a connection between our children that will be enjoyed into adulthood. While I wish I knew what I need to do now for the future, only time will tell me how it turns out. Instead of living in the future like I tend to do, I'm trying to focus on the now. 


The now is pretty great and the smiles are full throttle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...