Tuesday, April 15, 2014

The Greatest Evil & Injustice

I have a hard time around religious holidays, because I imagine that everyone else is having meaningful reflection and I'm not doing it right. Around Easter, I mainly feel anxiety between Palm Sunday and Easter because I know that Jesus' death is coming and I wish there was another way. Like watching the end of a movie I've seen several times, I still hope for the ending to be painless. 


For the past few days, I've tried to let go of doing religious holidays the right way and the pressure I put on myself. To be honest, Easter is anything but the good stuff that I can do, right?


Instead, it's about what Jesus did when he died on the cross. I found something that tied it together for me this week. I came across my friend's notes from this year's women's retreat and it was perfectly fitting for me to think about this week. Here is a paraphrase of Nancy Guthrie's talk:

If God can use the greatest evil, injustice, and suffering that has ever occurred, which was Christ being put to death on a cross, to bring about the absolute greatest good, our salvation, then we can be confident the he can and will use the evil, injustice, and suffering in our lives to bring about good for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...