Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Climbing Kool-Aid

Well, I've gone and done it.  I took a sip of the kool-aid.  It was so delicious that I picked up the glass and drank the rock climbing kool-aid all the way gone.  Bottoms up.  Bartender, get me another one.


We went on a day-date to the local climbing gym.  It was just the two of us that it went, and it felt like it was just the two of us there.  I climbed and climbed and it felt so good.  John told me I looked like I knew what I was doing.  He said that I had good technique.  Naturally, I didn't let him stop there.  I made him explain, in detail, just how good I was.  


The real challenge that comes with climbing is finding the time to do it.  It takes a lot of time.  Time is something that we don't have a lot of these days.  An infant and toddler have first dibs.  So, we're going to try and find a balance, because we both enjoy climbing.  We tried something:


We did what any abnormal, crazy people would do: we packed them up and took them with us. Joseph was with us, which helped.  We were bouldering (climbing small rocks without rope).  Including the kids while climbing was something that I'm still figuring out.  John asks me, "are we going to be a climbing family?"


I'm not sure what that means exactly, but I know some families that I consider climbing families. They've given me advice like:

~the key is bring lots of snacks
~start them young
~go with other families & just take turns watching the kids
~bring some rope and tie one end to them and one end to a tree (my personal favorite)


We'll have to figure out something.  I've got the gear and I can't not use it.  That would just make me a poser, and a poser I am not.  I'm drinking the climbing kool-aid.  I have a red-tinted upper lip because I keep taking sips.  It's just so delicious.

1 comment:

  1. DON'T take for granted you live somewhere you can 'just go climb.' Love seeing you guys pack 'em up and go out to enjoy Tennessee. Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...