Tuesday, March 20, 2012

This Getting Dressed Business

We're all in this together, right?  This getting dressed, being cute, looking good, working on our fitness thing is a group effort?  Sometimes it feels competitive, but I think that happens in my head way more than actually played out in real life.  If we're all in this together, then I've got a few tips that I would like to share:


1. When things are going crazy, and the competitive-ness of looking cute gets loud, just shut it down.  Shut.it.down.  This is definitely not my best picture (crazyhairdon'tcare) and I know I don't look as cute as everyone else out there, but I'm posting it anyways.  Because with every not-perfect image of ourselves, we set everyone else around us to be free to be imperfect as well.  Start measuring ourselves up to everyone else?  Just shut that down.  Right away.  No good comes of it.

2.  Buy the bigger size if that's what fits.  Sometimes I would rather say that I can fit into a smaller size than what I am, then I get home and never where it because it doesn't fit.  It's too tight.  It doesn't work.  That's when I regret my purchase, so I always try to remember that buying the bigger size (when necessary) will make me feel better in my clothes that fit.

3. Go get these shorts that I'm wearing right now.  Right now, ladies.  I have the hardest time with shorts, and most of my friends do as well.  I bought these shorts at Old Navy and love them.  La-huv them.  They fit well, they hang loose, they're made from linen, and most of all, they are super comfortable. I've worn them two, maybe three days in a row and I hope to get at least one more color.  They are perfect!

Those are my three little tips for right now.  I hope that everyday is a cute day for everyone.  I hope that we encourage one another and I hope that we all start to be kind to ourselves!  We're all in this getting ready business together.

9 comments:

  1. I love this! I feel the same way about being competitive and cute, and it's really nice to know I'm not the only imperfect one :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tips! I have to get me some shorts cause aren't they the hardest things to buy? Either they are too darn short or way long. I have short legs, long torso, so long shorts sometimes make me look like a cut up tree stump.

    ReplyDelete
  3. such great tips! i HATE (strong word!) shorts. (goes back even to the BBS uniform) but if you say so, i'm going to old navy today to try these on! i live in capri yoga pants and dresses in the summer. shorts seem so much more pratical.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen! And I'm intrigued by the shorts. Skeptical, but hopeful...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know how they work for you...they have some good options out there.

      Delete
  5. I adore these tips. "Shut is down" shall be my new motto! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. shut it down is useful in so many areas of life!

      Delete
  6. I love this too. I am struggling with this so much lately. I really want to feel good about myself but I am my hardest critic too. I will work hard on "shutting it down!"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post, Meg! Thanks for the encouraging words. I'm pretty sure being cute is overrated. Seems like an awful lot of work.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...