Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Women's Retreat, 2013


I spent the weekend with 57 lovely ladies from my church on a rowdy church retreat in the mountains.  Not only did a bunch of my favorite friends go, I got to meet (and play Nertz with) some new faces.  It was grand.



The fun started on Friday night when I met Patty.  Our ride of just the two of us, turned into five of us; our early departure turned into barely making it up there in time; and our quick stop for dinner at a local cafe turned into being sat at a nice restaurant where we were serenaded by that guy there with the guitar.  According to him, we look like a crowd that enjoys Brown Eyed Girl and Wagon Wheel.  He could not have been more spot on.  When he launched into Rocky Top, I had to pass him a couple bucks and tell him a nice thank you.  Thanks for the stories, dude.  Sometimes it's as much about the journey as it is getting there as it is the destination, and I mean that in the least cheesy way possible.  




It took little to no time for us ladies to relax and have fun.  On the way up there, Kathryn read us an article about some study that talked about the healthiest thing we can do for our bodies or something like that.  It said that over exercise or eating well or anything like that, men need a wife to be healthy and women need to be with women friends.  So much good stuff happens from those things.






Well, I don't need a study to tell me how much I needed this.  I'm all about some girl time.  All ranges of emotions were felt deeply this weekend as we talked, talked, and talked some more. If there is one thing that I love about my church it is that the women serve and nurture one another well.  



Women's Retreat 2013, you did not disappoint.  Good times were had, fo' sho'.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...