Tuesday, December 23, 2014

2014 Christmas Home Tour


Burl's asked me a few times when we're going to put up the Christmas decorations. Things are not the same as years past. John tried to comfort me by saying, "They don't need grand decorations in every space every year," but that's not the problem. I haven't made anything. I haven't done anything new this year. No greenery tied. No paper banners crafted. Just two trees, stockings, manger scenes. It feels festive, but it doesn't feel like other years. 


The issue is me. Pregnant me. I'm not able to keep the pace that I'm used to and I've lacked all inspiration. It's frustrating to not feel myself. Unfortunately this go around, I can always find something to complain about. I'm not upset that I'm not meeting my own expectations, I'm frustrated that I'm not able to enjoy decorating for the holidays like I usually do. 




Pardon the complaining, but it seems to be a little to frequent these days. Again, it's not my normal self. Thankfully, Christmas is more than my decorations, my attitude, and my pregnancy. Can I get an Amen?


And despite what decorations I could do this year, our home still feels warm and festive. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...