Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Fern is 6!




Before we had children, John and I would play this fun game called, "Where would the baby be?" We would ask that question at different times and day dream where the baby would be in any given situation. During one fun round of that game, I said, "I want a red headed girl named Fern," and a few years later, I got one. I got a great one. 


We overdid it again with the celebrations, but we can't not celebrate. EVERYTHING turns into a party. Here's what we did:

1. Grandparents over for doughnuts
2. Friends over for rainbow party
3. Cookies to school on her ACTUAL birthday
4. John, Ridge, Lark and I took Wendy's to eat with her at school
5. My personal favorite: take the birthday child out for dinner alone with Mom and Dad



The friend party was sweet because she is in a really good season of having fun friends from school, church, and life. She LOVES friends. Her rainbow party was really a playdate with decorations and good snacks. There were no games or tasks. Play-eat-play. 


It should be remembered that her precious teacher asked me if she could come to Fern's birthday party, which she did. She was the star of the party. Fern loved her card and flowers, "I'm going to treasure this card forever."




For her fancy dinner out with John and me, she chose Jimmy John's (and we threw in Clumpies for fun). The nights with the one child is as much for us as it is for them. We VALUE this time with them. We've found that the kids don't stop talking and everything is noteworthy. Throughout the night, John and I exchange knowing glances at each other. 


We both know that this time with Fern, this meal, this day, this season, this life, is our treasure. We love and adore her and she feels that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...