Sunday, November 12, 2017

Reading The Bible

Two years ago Burl asked me, "Mom, have you finished reading the Bible yet?" The answer was multifold of "I never stop reading the Bible" and "actually I haven't read every word but I've read several parts multiple times." That conversation stuck with me, because I want my children to know that I believe so strongly in the Bible that I have read every word, so I launched into a read-through-the-Bible schedule with the goal of reading it within three years.


It has been the best, richest, favoritest way that I've experienced the Bible. BY FAR. I think that I will always have this schedule as my basis for my personal devotions. I'm about 3/4 of the way through it and I'll say two things about it:

1. The Bible makes more sense to me and is way better than I've ever realized. 
It is my lifeline. 
2. There's some weird stuff in there and I have more questions than ever before. 

If you're at all interested in Christianity or are a Christian yourself, then I would highly encourage trying this schedule. (The reading takes about 20 minutes each day.)

Also, I would love to talk/email with anyone who wants to discuss it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...